Character Design 101Character Design 101 by Heartless-Bowser
When it comes to character design, there's more to it than just the appearance of a character. While the looks of a character can tell a lot about said character, we all know that looks can be deceiving!
A lot of people seem to think that designing the appearance of a character is a character design. It is, when it comes to visual design. But what is the character like?
When people do give attention to that question, they'll often come up with characters that are either loved or hated by everyone, that have epic superpowers or superhuman abilities that no one (not even God) can ever hope to topple, and if they do somehow get beaten the shit out of them suddenly remember that there's an even greater power sleeping within them, which they will instantly activate no matter if they got just a scratch or are severely wounded. I'm not even going into the melodramatic background stories of them there.
So, what makes a good character design? What is the key to making a belie
Plot Saver ListPlot Saver List by BritishMan00
1. Kill a main character.
2. Send your characters on a journey.
3. Have your characters lose an important item.
4. Have a character go crazy.
5. A volcano erupts nearby.
6. Your characters stumble on a key.
7. Your characters throw a man off a bridge.
8. Your character gets drunk.
9. Your character finds a lost child.
10. Your character is attacked by a bandit.
11. Your character develops a crush on someone.
12. Add a new character.
13. Your main character trips and breaks his/her arm.
14. Characters argue over milk.
15. Have a character say I am afraid I have lost my watch
16. Write a scene that takes place in a boat.
17. Have a character who wears glasses break them.
18. Have a character play pool.
19. Kill a duck.
20. Use a fire in your novel.
21. Send in the ninjas!
22. Add a one-night stand.
23. Get your characters lost in the forest.
24. Your main characters mother dies.
25. Two characters kiss.
26. One character walks in on two others having sex.
27. A supporti